CfDS Fisipol UGM and 16 other Projects from Indonesia has been Nominated for the WSIS Prize 2018
Center for Digital Society (CfDS) UGM, one of the research center under the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada, has been selected as one of the nominees for the WSIS Prize 2018.
World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) Prize 2018 is an annual celebration held by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), one of the agencies under the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. This event was first started back in 2012 and aims to appreciate the initiative generated by individuals, civil society, non-governmental organization, business and government institution in the field of community development based on ICT utilization in order to achieve the target listed in sustainable development goals by the year of 2030.
In this year’s competition, CfDS UGM together with other 16 initiatives from Indonesia are successfully being nominated for the WSIS Prize 2018, which consists of 18 different categories. Whereas, CfDS UGM is being nominated for the category 1; “the role of government and all stakeholders”. With a project titled as “Knowledge building toward Indonesian Digital Society”, CfDS is a research center in Universitas Gadjah Mada that focuses on developing Indonesian digital society through numerous activities such as research, training, seminar and public event. Then, the 17 initiatives from Indonesia that are listed as the nominee of WSIS Prize 2018 are:
- “Knowledge Building toward Indonesian Digital Society” oleh CfDS UGM
- “National Movement on Digital Literacy #SiBerkreasi” oleh SiBerkreasi
- “BTS for Rural, Remote and Border Area of Indonesia” oleh Kementerian Komunikasi dan Informatika Republik Indonesia
- “Broadband Internet Access with A Strong Focus on Affirmative Policy” oleh Kementerian Komunikasi dan Informatika Republik Indonesia
- “Pusat Pemberdayaan Informatika dan Pedesaan, Pemalang” oleh Puspindes
- “Democratizing Decision Support: PetaBencana.id Platform for equitable Disaster Resilience” oleh Peta Bencana
- Relawan TIK Goes to School
- “Internet Smart - Creative - Productive” oleh INCAKAP
- “Lacak Malaria, Mobile/Featured Phone Rapid Malaria Reporting System in Rural ARea” oleh Malaria Center
- “AI Powered Healthcare Platform” oleh MedUp
- “Virtual Queuing System and Big Data Analytic Dashboard to Improve Quality of Community Health Center Service oleh Qiwii Bandung
- “Job Portal for Persons with Disabilities” oleh Kerjabilitas
- “Information System for Farmers”, oleh Lisa
- “Enhancement of Disaster Risk REduction Capacities Utilizing Community Radios on the Basis of Government-Residents” oleh JRKI
- “Government Portal fro Viral-able Public Policy Communication” oleh IndonesiaBaik.id
- “News Media Using Intelligent Positive Content Generator” by Tambo
At this moment, the WSIS Prize 2018 has entered the open public voting phase. This phase is opened until 18 February 2018. Therefore, we are hoping for participation from the society to join this voting process and make CfDS UGM as one of the recipients for the WSIS Prize 2018. The voting procedure is explained in detail below:
- Click the link bit.ly/voteforcfds
- Log in (or register your account if you do not have one)
- Please fill your vote in each categories and then click the “vote for this project” command (Attention: after you click the “vote for this project”, you are ineligible to change in onward and therefore, be wise and thoughtful on your decision
- To ensure that your vote is counted eligible, you MUST complete the voting process by giving your choice to each of the 18 categories.
- For categories number 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 13, 16, we highly recommend you to vote the initiatives from Indonesia. CfDS itself is registered in the category 1 with a project titled as “Knowledge Building toward Indonesian Digital Society.
After you complete the vote in each of 18 categories, then the text ”WSIS Prizes 2018 - Voting Complete” will arrive on your screen. Thank you for your time and we highly apreciate your support for us.
picture: OFA(Opportunites for Africans)