Digital Bibliography #11: Technology’s Role in Disaster Mitigation
Tue, 06 Nov 2018 || By Muhammad Fakhri Abdurrahman
This bibliography is collected to highlight articles and journals that address how technologies are being used in disaster mitigation. Some of the articles showcase approaches taken by countries and international organizations such as the United Nations in mitigating a disaster. We hope that future writers or researchers on disaster mitigation and technology would be helped through this bibliography. Suggestions regarding the list can be sent to email@example.com.
- Basu, M. (2018). Thailand agencies to share early disaster warning data [online] GovInsider.
- Chin, C. (2018). How AI is supporting Philippines disaster relief [online] GovInsider.
- Daxikar, A., Hillier, T., Makarem, F. and Stone, S. (2008). Application of GIS Technology in Coastal Flood Hazard Mitigation. Solutions to Coastal Disasters 2008. pp. 369-409.
- GovInsider. (2018). How digital can help countries bounce back from disasters [online] GovInsider.
- GovInsider. (2018). How the United Nations tracks disaster recovery [online] GovInsider.
- Jiren, L. (2005). Operational System of Flood Monitoring and Assessment Using Space Technology in China. Impacts of Global Climate Change. pp. 1-6.
- Kiesling, E., McDonald, J., Mehta, K. and Sarkar, P. (1995). Wind Engineering Research Applications. Research Transformed into Practice, pp.41-49.
- Masri, A. and Moore II, J. (1995). Integrated Planning Information Systems: Disaster Planning Analysis. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 121(1), pp.19-39.
- McKenna, C. (2009). Technology's Role in Disaster Mitigation. [online] Govtech.com.
- State, H. (2018). Four ways to get citizens involved | GovInsider. [online] GovInsider.
- Takahashi, S., Tomita, T. and Shimosako, K. (2017). Future Tsunami Disaster Mitigation—Lessons Learnt from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster. Coastal Structures and Solutions to Coastal Disasters 2015. pp. 98-109.
- Vatsa, K. and Joseph, J. (2003). Disaster Management Plan for the State of Maharashtra, India: Evolutionary Process. Natural Hazards Review, 4(4), pp.206-212.
- Watson, Jr., C. (2002). Using Integrated Multihazard Numerical Models in Coastal Storm Hazard Planning. Solutions to Coastal Disasters '02. pp. 172-177.
- Westen, E. (1996). Civil Engineering and Disaster Responses in Developing Countries. Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 122(2), pp.89-92.
- Yoo, T. (2018). 4 ways technology can help us respond to disasters. [online] World Economic Forum.
- Zahn, N. (2018). Four lessons for disaster risk reduction | GovInsider. [online] GovInsider.
- Zahn, N. (2018). How Japan is predicting tsunamis | GovInsider. [online] GovInsider.
- Zahn, N. (2018). Why India is building a national disaster database | GovInsider. [online] GovInsider.
Editor: Treviliana Eka Putri
Read another article written by Muhammad Fakhri Abdurrahman